Daisies were hard to juggle with soccer. The schedules just didn't work out right so Nana missed a lot and when we could go; she was more interested in hangin' out at home. She is quite the home body anyway. She loves being home playing with her toys (especially stuffed animals). I would normally say stuffed animals are the most useless toys but I can't with Nana. She knows all of her animals' names and has elaborate stories for each one.
Name Mary officially on her birth certificate and dress Mary (sorry, you can't see the outfit but it's a cute summer outfit with a frog on it). She was very proud of her new lovey (they're cuddling and fast asleep as we speak).
The Daisy Troop minus one. What a wonderful year! Thank you, Troop Leaders!
PS Baby Crow update (in case you were wondering): baby crow is no longer with us. I don't want to get into details but early Sunday I heard some serious squawking going on and knew. I told the kids they couldn't go outside until after Daddy mowed the lawn...he did and baby crow will now RIP. I am a horrible liar and when the kids asked me I told them the baby crow was no longer there. I proceeded to let them know that we couldn't protect it forever (blah, blah, blah) and Dev looked at me and said "you're lying. Baby Crow flew away yesterday." Daddy just looked at me and said "why didn't you just say it flew away?" Because that was way too simple of an answer for me to come up with, I always have to make things harder than they need to be. I'm glad that they had made up their own story and don't wanna hear my long explanation of life and death.
5 comments:
You are a wonderful mom. I would have done the same thing.
OMG! Just look at the way she holds Mary. It's like she has a new best friend!
P.S. RIP baby crow. (Has the flock of adult crows moved on?)
Doesn't Isa read your blog? ERASE ERASE!
I tried to go to another rehearsal yesterday but traffic was awful. I should've just bought a ticket! Have a great time!
@andrea: thanks! i thought telling the truth would be best. :)
@denise: she ♥s Mary-she brought her for sharing! you helped her earn that so thank YOU!
@nikki: isa knows the truth and was accepting but let's the little ones go on about how it flew away. that would be bad if she wasn't in on it though! :)
I would have said the same thing Sheree! BTW- I love the way that you let your kids just be who they are and don't push them to do things they don't want to do.
Post a Comment