Saturday, December 13, 2008

Burke Museum's Polar Bear Exhibit





I couldn't take pictures through the exhibit because I didn't have a special badge but our Class Photographer had one so when he uploads the pictures I will be sure to update. The exhibit is amazing. The pictures the photographer, Kazlowski, took were breath taking. He did amazing work and Dana (the tour guide) was informative, educational and a bit stressed. But who wouldn't be with twelve 3-4 year olds? She had worksheets for each kid with a clipboard and it had baby versions of whatever she wanted them to find in the museum (for example a baby seal would be on the paper and she would ask them to find a picture of a seal in the exhibit and then they would circle the baby seal on their worksheet). It was a scavenger hunt for them but at the same time she would talk about the picture and sort of speak to both kids and adults. They listened to a story and got to touch special artifacts from the Arctic. I learned a lot too. The bonus was the my kids were in a good enough mood to sort of wander the museum for a bit after.
How cute and very endangered are they?

No comments: