
We had tickets to the Kid's Day with the Seattle Storm so we were supposed to go to that as well this morning. His fever was down at the time so we headed to that right after swim lessons this morning. I know, what kind of Mom am I? But like I said my suspicion and hope is that it is Swimmer's Ear...he has no other cold symptoms. He had a blast. We were there with 3 other families from our Co-Op so it was great to see them because the last few times Dev's been sick so it was good see out buddies, Blake, Tyler and Connor. We got backpacks and Thunder Sticks there as part of Kid's Day and there was face painting (if you wanted to wait as the 100th kid in line..we opted not to). I started to get all misty eyed watching the girls jumping up and down screaming "GIRL POWER" because they'd never seen professional girl athletes. Isa got it more than Nana did but how pumped were they!! Isa declared #15 Lauren Jackson her favorite player. Well, she was scoring the most points against the Phoenix Mercury. Isa was screaming "you can't have our Grandpa Eddie!". She knows that he used to live there and would like to move back some day. But only, she says, if he takes us. He can't have all the sun! Anyway, it was a kick to her that Seattle's Storm was beating Phoenix Mercury. She was really into it. I wish I knew more of the technical rules to help her understand the game better but...that's a daddy question. ;) Nana just enjoyed cheering for WHITE and celebrating Doppler's birthday. He blew candles out and everything. It was pretty neat.
We stayed until half time and then we enjoyed a special treat. The kids shared a bag of cotton candy and hung out in front of the Seattle Center's water fountain.
Don't we all remember standing at the foot of that fountain in anticipation of it's eruption of water? I know I do. Good times. The kids (including Dev) ran down to enjoy it after the cotton candy was gone. That took all of 3.5 seconds. The kids did great and I was so proud of them. We even ran to Whole Foods so I can do a return and get some stuff for dinner. Being home before 3pm and having gotten all that done was great. Now the kids are plopped up on the couch watching Dr. Seuss' movie (some random puppet movie the Easter Bunny brought).
Oh and I can't forget HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Uncle Dennis!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment