Thursday, June 5, 2008

E, I, E, I.....OOOOOO!


Mister planting his Pumpkin seed (or attempting) he didn't want his hands dirty so he eventually threw it on the dirt and kicked dirt over it. No finger length digging for my son.


Nana planting Pumpkin seeds for this Fall like a good Farmer.


Waiting to load up their Marigolds to plant at home.



Dev holding a baby duck. I thought he was going to squeeze the poor thing but he didn't. :)

Nana holding a cat...showing me how responsible she is with a kitty so maybe she can have one? Not as long as we have diapers in this house...no animals. :)


Field Trip Buddies (Sam and Nana)



My Field Trip Buddy.


Farmer Ben giving us a hay ride on a wagon (actually 2 wagons were attached).



Nellie, the Farm dog, she roams everywhere and is so friendly.


Funny story behind this Farm experience with Nana's class is that originally we were supposed to go with Dev's class on May 20th. So, I get ready (early) and head out on the road with Mapquest and it took me a different way (shorter distance) onto Highway 99-to 527-to 96. Fine, I'm open to new ways. Well, it had me take a wrong turn...I figured that part out so turned around and made the right turn. But, then I was on Riverview for like years and years...and after already having made a wrong turn. I told Dev, we gotta go back. So, we did. When, we drove out with Nana's group, I took the way I knew and it was great. Straight shot from I-5 to Highway 2. It was perfect. It missed one turn on the side roads (there was supposed to be signs but weren't) but I figured it out by the map. Regardless, we got there. On our way home I decided to go the way Mapquest was trying to get me there last time. I head East onto Riverview and so frustrating...I was a mile away from the flippin' FARM. It just felt like I was driving to nowhere. But, I was actually on the right track. :) Super frustrating. But, now I know both ways and this is a Farm that all the schools frequent in the Fall. I'm over prepared now.


What Mommy missed and was looking forward to? I was looking forward to the 3 little pigs story. They dress up the pigs (basically with just bows or hats to determine which pig is which) and tell the 3 little pigs story and the pigs are so talented that they sort of act along. It's adorable. But, they didn't do it. They do it in the Fall but not Spring. Bummer for Mommy because that was my favorite part. :) The kids' favorite part (the pictures turned out blurry so I didn't post them) was the Hay Maze and slide. You go through this barn in a Hay Maze and when you reach the top of the barn you get to slide down a slide. If you wear sweats (which Nana and Dev both did) you get good air behind you and you kinda fall into this hay pile. It's a lot of fun for the kids. Trying to go through the Maze with Madi on my back was a little much but Ergo worked out great. She was able to sleep and I could squeeze through most parts. Sorry, no pics of her on my back...she was battling a cold too so she was not in the best spirits. At least she didn't have to experience the "farm smell" with her cold. :)

1 comment:

chefamily said...

We love Nellie the farm dog too!
My favorite is also the 3 little pigs play, and we have missed it the last couple of times we visited. Bummer!