Sunday, June 22, 2008

Baby Baby...Shower!

I hosted (really co-hosted with a team of fabulous ladies) a shower for Sarah yesterday. I've known her since 5th grade and although our lives have kind of drifted in apart I was happy to do this for her. She has thrown showers for our kiddies so it was fun to do it for her. This is her 2nd baby-I did a shower for her son, Jesse Saun and now she is having Baby Kaelee. I'm a sucker for babies-if you couldn't already tell. :) Of course, we planned the date of the shower way back when and I didn't anticipate the case of the yuckies to roam around our house this last week. So this shower was a bit harder to pull off but none the less it ended up to be a success! I'm so glad the kids were on their 5th day of medicine and I was well on my 2nd day. I wanted to make sure to post pics for Sarah, of course, as well as for my friends who have heard me stress/obsess over this last week. I was worried I wasn't going to make it-how I was going to pull it off but somehow it all came together. Things like this always seem to work out one way or another. I should realize that by now but it's the obsessive compulsive nature in me that can't let it go. And, because of my obsessive compulsiveness I brought reinforcements in-Cristina came and helped me throw the shower. She was my lovely assistant and I wouldn't know what I'd do with out her. :) It was also Nana's last soccer game and soccer party (that we planned too) so Coach Daddy was there manning the Alfy's Pizza madness. I'll post pics of Nana's new found love-her trophy-later.


Food.

The cake. It was a Strawberry Chantilly Cake from Dilettante.

Trisha's Diaper Cake-she made it herself and I love how Sarah can keep the diapers and all the fun baby accessories that go along with it. She did decorations-which I didn't get pics of :( but she did the baby clothes line (another practical use for Sarah and decorative).

Passion Tea Lemonade, Appetizers and Desserts.


Pike Place Flowers courtesy of Trisha.

Scrapbook Table. Ashley (Sarah's sis-in-law) brought all her supplies and bought baby girl papers and embellshments (with a bunch of other needed items, adhesive-ribbon-scrap paper-etc). She did amazingly!!! Juliet brought some of her stuff too-so we were set! It was a relief that these ladies headed that project. We pre-made pages for Sarah so that she could slip photos in and viola! she has an instant scrapbook! We played 2 other games. We played the candy bar (poop) diaper game and Baby Animal Game. I had some cheaters looking up answers on their crackberry phones! But, it was all in fun. The scrapbooking was my favorite part of the shower. :) We had some newbie scrappers find a new hobby! Always exciting. :)

No comments: