Thursday, May 29, 2008

Last Day of Co-Op

The 2's Class at our Co-Op on our Ferryboat adventure.


I have mixed emotions and when I say emotions I mean emotions. I was making sand buckets for the kids and painting their names on, drawing suns and flowers but I found myself getting a bit misty eyed. I kept saying earlier this school year I can't wait until Dev is a bit older and he is using more verbiage...life will be easier. Well, he talks like no other (sometimes I have to have him repeat what he just said because I'm not listening as well as I should). But, I have to say that closing this school year I have seen huge strides with Dev. From a non expressive, overly aggressive little boy to non stop talking, stubborn (but less hitting/pushing/etc) sweet little man. Him and I have gained so much this year and have become close even though we have a new little one. I have enjoyed the Co-Op so much that I couldn't imagine life with out it. It's nice to give him "his time" with Mommy. So for that, I'm grateful. And, sad that's coming to a close until Fall.


What I'm happy about is not being committed and a bit more free. I'm sure I'll find a way to fill my time. I was filling out our calendar talking about summer activities that he'd be interested in or what he thought the girls would like to do. He looks up at me and says we'll watch the Ferryboats and the Trains. That's a given, Dev. What else? He looks at me and says "start my collection?" It took me a second to realize what he was talking about but during the summer the girls work on their rock/shell collection and that's what he'd like to do. How exciting!!! He is finally over his fear of bugs. It was fun for awhile to say "Dev, don't go touch that there might be bugs." But now, he's all about digging and finding stuff to bring in as our pet. We've had snails, tatato bugs (potato bugs) and worms. Him and Hannah are explorers. I'm not allowed to call her Dora the Explorer anymore. Yeah, beware of that one she is so over Dora. I told her you will always be our Dora. She was for...3 1/2 years?


Anyway, my emotions are mixed. I love the idea of not having to be anywhere but I'll miss the Co-Op.

No comments: