Some one once asked me if as babies if the kids looked a like. And, as much as I would love to try to dig up photos of the the older girls...actually they do have their photo albums that they glance every other day that I could scan but anyway! I get asked if I think the kids look alike as babies. Obviously when they get older they change and have their own features but I never examined this idea. I think of them so much as individuals and individual experiences that I never stopped to analyze. Up above is Madi and down below is Dev. From what I can tell they don't really look alike. My youngest two are known for their saggy cheeks. As babies they just have a certain plumpness in their cheeks. But, I think overall I'm right about them just being/having individual looks. Same goes for the older girlies-I think each Gkid has their own look. Now, I don't feel so guilty for not noticing or analyzing it previously.
Okay moving on...for weeks now I have been on a hunt for a baby carrier. My Baby Bjorn has long ago worn itself out so I have moved on and been on a much needed hunt. If you knew Dev Edwin you'd understand. Doctor appointments, grocery trips (with Madi in the seat and him in the basket hiding between the bars yelling "get out the way! get out the way"), Co-Op, Birthday parties-I can go on forever about the need to chase Dev and not leave Madi stranded in a stroller or in a cart is essential because Dev is fast. And, I know most toddler/preschoolers are fast. I get that trust me, I get it but he is fast in every sense of the word. I have had a few embarrassing moments at the doctor's office in particular where the kids Nana especially were sick and trying to pry Dev away from the stirrups gross! while the doc is telling us her diagnosis is beyond embarrassing when you have to do it over and over while trying to listen to important information with Tiny Tot whining in the stroller. Good times, right? Or not. So, I talked to lots of my Mommy friends and one (who is my height) recommended this Angel Pack. She said it works wonderfully and is perfect for our height. The catch? It's pricey, you can only get it online and no returns. No returns means no thanks in my book. So, Camie (my bestie Mommy friend-her two and my youngest two are the same age) goes on the hunt with me. We have boys the same age. Both very smart boys so we have to be a couple steps ahead to outsmart those two. The hunt is on. She checks out the Ergo Carrier and we're leaning towards that. We call around (still kind of pricey). Village Maternity has this awesome return policy-try it for 10 days see if you like it and if you don't return it! We're excited. Best of all, they have another carrier the Ellaroo Mei Tai Carrier for 50% off and have 2 left but they'll only hold it until the end of the day. Urgh. It's Tuesday (yesterday) and I have Chess, Ballet and Tap for the girls. Not the greatest day for me to try to do this. Camie calls me at 11am and says "hey let's meet". Well, I couldn't meet until after 4pm so she says okay let's wait for traffic to die down and we'll go at 7pm. I call Husband and it's set. We'll leave at 7pm meet at 8pm. She then calls me at 1pm and says "dude, I can't wait. I'm going now." Great. I'm waiting for Isa to get out of Chess at 3:30pm and am yapping on the phone with Camie as she tries on the Ellaroo Mei Tai Carrier. She loves it. I'm thinking-man, I gotta get down there. I pick up Nana with every intention to head straight down not caring about traffic. Then, I hear 3 voices saying "I have to go potty, Mommy!" All three? So, we swing by the house they go potty and I have lost my umph to go. I'll wait until Daddy gets home and go with just Madi. Well, Husband thought I left at 4pm so he took his time at work. I make dinner (some yummy pork chops with mashed taters and green beans!), clean up, give the kids their baths and call Daddy. "You on your way? It's 6:45pm." No, he's not because he thought I left and already went down there. No problem. I will just run down with the kids it'll be fine, right? Heh. We go. Isa is super excited because more than likely she'll go to bed at 9pm not 8:30pm. Woo Hoo for her! :) I get there and the lady that is most knowledgeable about the Mei Tai Carrier left. Shoot! I missed her by 20 minutes. Poop, so I have to figure this out with a girl who had never worked with the product. We figure it out (with Trouble 1 and Trouble 2 getting into mischief with Biggest Sissy leading them) and Madi (who just woke up from her cat nap in the car) hates it. Starts crying. Urgh! So, I take a deep breath and we try again. I want to get her on the front and back by myself once before we go. So, I do. She still doesn't like it. I look at the poor sales lady and say "may I try the Ergo?" She helps me with it and silence. Madi is happy. Bad news? It's not on sale! I walk around with Tiny Tot on my back scolding the Biggest Sissy and rounding up Trouble 1 and Trouble 2 with Tiny sweetly on my back! She's content. Yes, I know this doesn't help the separation training but right now, I'm all about trying to make my life easier. I have softball season next Monday, soccer for both girls, Daddy's mens league and Me and Daddy's co-ed team and 3 field trips for Dev with the Co-Op plus a Husband who is getting his new business off the ground. I'm solo trooper right now and happy to do so with a few tools to make life a bit more breezy. Conclusion? I call Husband from the store and tell him. He says "make your call, I love you-bye". I made my call-Ergo it was. 1 hour later (and lots of carriers and carrier researching) we may have our deal breaker. Yay for a happy Mommy! ;)
1 comment:
Parenting at its finest:Im picturing Dr. Gibson tips on Living as a Magazine or something. or maybe a reality show? U r mommy America. :D
Post a Comment