Nana is receiving an award today at her Assembly and gets to do Show & Tell. Isa is singing/reading a poem at her Assembly so I will be (hopefully) making it there and have some pictures to post. :) It's the highlight of my day can you tell?
Friday, March 28, 2008
Waterboy
Yesterday I was going to blog but I had to run out to a meeting and we had a semi-crisis with Isa not being able to find her video player. I was helping her search in her room-I have a feeling that Brother might have gotten a hold of it. I'll find out today when I search Trouble 1 and Trouble 2's room. Those two are such a pair. They are the most years apart of the kids but spend the most time together and make the most trouble. As I'm helping Isa semi-patiently pick through her room to find her player Trouble 1 and Trouble 2 think it would be a good idea to use water in the play kitchen area. I ask Nana to play with Madi in the living room and hear Nana telling Dev orders for her "meal". She kept asking for drinks. I told those guys no water because I could hear footsteps running up and down the hall. Nana comes up with these plans and has Dev execute them. She is just as guilty. For awhile, I couldn't figure it out because I would ask her and she would say "I don't know" which is Trouble 1 code for "I told him to." So, I knew it was my Mister trying to fill his pitcher up with water from commands of Trouble 1. It drives me crazy because he climbs on top of the toilet slides across the counter to fill the pitcher with water then slides back across the counter and back on to the toilet where he then dives (jumps) off the toilet and runs with the pitcher still maintaining the water in the pitcher. How he does it? I have no idea. I don't get how he does half the things he does! Anyway, his goal was to get water so what does he do? He tries to put water in his pockets so he can have more water than just what can fit into the small pitcher. Is he crazy? I hear him tugging on the bathtub faucet. I walk in and help him out of the bathroom for the 4th time. Then I hear his flat feet running into the kitchen into the other bathroom trying to fill up more water. I run back in to find him on top of the counter in that bathroom. Time out. Both of them. This boy never learns until he's in trouble. I know my Nana is telling "go to the other bathroom so Momma can't hear you running." Nana thinks trouble will never come her way. First warning. Second warning. Third warning then time out. Time out is what takes them to listen but when those two are determined they'll push it all the way. Nana takes the warnings and time out and calls it quits usually. Urgh. Conclusion? There was a small puddle of water on the floor after we cleaned it all up and he slipped, fell and bumped his head on the plastic 3 drawer container where they keep their food, dishes, etc. I looked at him (after making sure he didn't need stitches) and said "that's why we don't play with water, it can be dangerous". His response "Okay, Momma." while crying uncontrollably.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment