Okay, so it seems like it's been forever since I've blogged. Last week was a whirl wind dragging our poor family in kinds directions of sickness madness. To start off the kids had break from the 15th to the 20th. And, 3 out of 4 kids were sick from Sunday to Thursday. Nana has been sick from the 17th until...NOW. She has the flu then it turned into Impetigo and when we went in to the doc the attitude was this was it. But after reading my little hand out it said that it was caused by a strep infection-so why didn't they do a strep test? Granted she didn't say her throat hurt at the time but she did the very next day. This all happened on Friday and while I'm in the room at the doc with Nana my phone starts to ring and guess who it is? Isa! Husband had called me to tell me he was in the area and that he would bring Dev by in a little bit. I had to then tell him, Isa's sick so you may have to go back if this takes longer than it should because her temp was pretty high at school. He gave me sounds of despair and frustration (at the situation). Then, a long pause-"Ok, just tell me what to do." Such a battle and the 1 and only time Isa's has called from school and the 1 and only time BOTH of us are not in the area to get her. The 1 time. Super lame. So, Nana, Madi and I leave the doc and head to get some antibiotics for her Impetigo.
Next day, Isa's better (she bounces back much better than the other 3) and that morning I picked up 1023 boxes of cookies to store at my home. Yes, I'm Cookie Mom. My neighbor (a seasoned Cookie Mom) came with me to pick up the bundles of cookies. We had a great time. Loading and Unloading went very well. We had Mommies and Daddies coming over to pick up cookies most of Saturday and part of Sunday. We can still park both cars in the garage (thanks to Husabnd who is my garage organizer) and Isa is doing wonderful in her sales! Woo-Hoo! She helped pick out a donation cause Pathways for Women and we will be doing a service project for them as well as donating cookies to their children's program. Very excited for her and her troop to take part in this project! Off track...oh yes so poor Nana's crying about her throat hurting. She lied around most of Sunday too with a slight to moderate fever.
Mommy and Daddy snuck off to their soccer game at 6pm. Um, can I just say that I debated and debated to go (because naturally being around all the sickees made me feel a little ill) and then decided I'm going to suck it up go. I'll have a great time and forget all about being sick. And, I did. But, boy oh boy did I take a beating! My teammate, poor guy-was turning and as he nailed the ball right into my C-section wound. Holy Cow! That was a new kind of pain. But, I recovered. Then, I was defending the goal and the other team (guy) ripped the ball...at my feeding source for Madi. What the heck!? That hurt like you would not believe (my breast feeding Mommies I know you can picture the pain-agonizing!). I cried. I cried because I didn't want to lactate all over the field. I cried because it hurt. I cried because it was the 2nd time! Come ON! So, now I am a bolder soccer player for it. I can fight off anyone now. Okay, may be not quite but close.
Sorry, I have to jet because the doc finally answered and I get to go in in a little bit. So, here's what I wish Nana to look like by the end of this week. Cross your fingers.
Next day, Isa's better (she bounces back much better than the other 3) and that morning I picked up 1023 boxes of cookies to store at my home. Yes, I'm Cookie Mom. My neighbor (a seasoned Cookie Mom) came with me to pick up the bundles of cookies. We had a great time. Loading and Unloading went very well. We had Mommies and Daddies coming over to pick up cookies most of Saturday and part of Sunday. We can still park both cars in the garage (thanks to Husabnd who is my garage organizer) and Isa is doing wonderful in her sales! Woo-Hoo! She helped pick out a donation cause Pathways for Women and we will be doing a service project for them as well as donating cookies to their children's program. Very excited for her and her troop to take part in this project! Off track...oh yes so poor Nana's crying about her throat hurting. She lied around most of Sunday too with a slight to moderate fever.
Mommy and Daddy snuck off to their soccer game at 6pm. Um, can I just say that I debated and debated to go (because naturally being around all the sickees made me feel a little ill) and then decided I'm going to suck it up go. I'll have a great time and forget all about being sick. And, I did. But, boy oh boy did I take a beating! My teammate, poor guy-was turning and as he nailed the ball right into my C-section wound. Holy Cow! That was a new kind of pain. But, I recovered. Then, I was defending the goal and the other team (guy) ripped the ball...at my feeding source for Madi. What the heck!? That hurt like you would not believe (my breast feeding Mommies I know you can picture the pain-agonizing!). I cried. I cried because I didn't want to lactate all over the field. I cried because it hurt. I cried because it was the 2nd time! Come ON! So, now I am a bolder soccer player for it. I can fight off anyone now. Okay, may be not quite but close.
Sorry, I have to jet because the doc finally answered and I get to go in in a little bit. So, here's what I wish Nana to look like by the end of this week. Cross your fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment