Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's been 8 days...

Yes, it's been 8 days. And, I would like to say that I was slammed and had a ton of stuff to do...but that's just not the case. Christmas came and went. I wanted to blog on Friday because we made cookies...a Holiday tradition I've always done with Mrs. Ignacio since we were teenagers. Holiday baking is just the thing we've always done together and probably always will, right-Mrs. Ignacio? Anyway, losing track of thought again...so last week seems to be a bit of a blur. The week was ending. The last day of Co-Op was Thursday and school ended Friday. Thursday was wild because 2 year olds have dog-like senses. I swear they could sniff the Holiday anticipation and winter break in the air. They literally fed off of our readiness for school to be over and our need to prep for Santa's coming.

Thursday night I had to speak in front of Isa's GS troop talking about Cookie Preparation and Safety. Yes, I am slanging cookies out of my garage folks! Come on by and support Isa's troop!! I was nervous the whole day...made handouts for the parents with all the info attached just so I wouldn't have to speak too long. After Co-Op in the morning and the girls' last day of school the next day on top of a Holiday party they were having. I knew that the attention span would be bleak and that I just needed to put as much info in the my handout and have them contact me later with questions. Now, just wasn't the time. Boy, was I right! I walk in the door and the girls' are just bouncing off the wall and White Elephant was chaos. They wrap up White Elephant and I speak as quickly as I could and sent parents and children out. Whew! Finally, that part of my Cookie duty is done. I have 1 more training and we are Cookie bound.

Friday, I decided to make it a relaxing fun day by surprising the girls with an afternoon filled with cookie decorating and Christmas music. We went to Isa's award ceremony. She was named Citizen of the Month at her school. We were very proud but I didn't get to congratulate her until she got home. Dev and Madi had had it. So, I rushed home to get cookie stuff ready.



Photobucket

Sorry, I didn't use the flash. I hate when I do that!! But you can see the award...that's the important part.



Photobucket

I know you're thinking "where's the Christmas shapes??" Yeah, me too. I realized I didn't have a rolling pin and by the time I was done running around looking for stuff I could use the dough was all gooey. So, they became circles. What difference does it truly make with frosting and sprinkles on top???





Photobucket



Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket

I told her NOT to do that but she still did it as I was taking the picture. Silly Isa!





Saturday was packed filled with Nana's friends's birthday party and we went to Pacific Place to see "snow" but no snow that night. They advertise it "snowing" every day at 5pm but of course the day we decide to go it's not. We did some grocery shopping and celebrated Enrique's birthday so all was definitely not lost. We hit up Barnes and Noble, our favorite spot...relaxed with good friends.

All the sudden it was Sunday and we celebrated Christmas with the Washington's house. Funny story because Husband forgot the camera. The one thing he was responsible for...when I asked him for it he looked at me like "Oh..." I could tell by the look on his face that he could see exactly where it was in his head. So...no pictures. And, on Christmas Eve he was my photographer and we only have snip its from that evening. And, I'd like to say I have some from my Mom's but we have sooo many kids on that side (which our kids are a third of them!!!) that opening presents in a semi-organized fashion is hard enough. Forget trying to get pictures in too! So, I apologize no pictures from Christmas. Christmas was great. The kids had such a great time. They got what they wanted and now I am almost on my way to having everything to put away.

The kids got Build-A-Bear gift cards from Grandpa Eddie and yesterday was our first visit there together. I knew today I wouldn't be able to take them so I needed to do it yesterday. In the mall-maddness. I mean, maddness. But, I had such a great time with them. We spent 2 hours there. I wasn't allowed to take pictures. I have NO idea why! So, I will take one of them with their bears tonight. Isa was at Kendyl's last night so I haven't gotten them together yet. The girls picked bears. Typical right?? There are so many different kinds of bears it took them forever to decide. But, Isa ended up with a white bear with light pink spots and Nana ended up with a bright pink bear with a heart on its tummy. Dev wanted the only Dinosaur there. We stuffed them (they kids made wishes with their hearts and stuck them inside our new friends), dressed them and named them. Isa named hers Belle (beautiful in French), Nana named hers Lovey and Dev named his Thomas (I bet you coulda guessed that one!). They were all so good and polite. There wasn't any fighting it was a blast!

Today...we are relaxing. Sort of...catching up from our Christmas. We have Kendyl here and the girls are playing games. And, more games. Between the 3 of them they have enough games to keep them busy all day!

No comments: