Friday, July 17, 2009

The Ride Home...

The kids were sad to leave...we stopped in town on our way out and looked for a treasure that would remind us of our first trip to Orcas Island. I was thinking more like magnet; my kids were thinking Orca teeth?! Anyway, nothing in town so while we were waiting at the ferry dock we stopped in a souvenir shop and got a magnet there.

This is Shaw Island...on our way home we made a stop at Lopez and Shaw Islands before reaching Anacortes.


The water is so beautiful. On Cascade Lake they don't allow any motor boats and the water there is sparkling; it's so beautiful.


Can you see the eagle? It landed as we pulled up to Shaw Island. Denise and I were frantically taking pictures in fear it would fly away. But, it stayed positioned until we left.

The kids were asking what island this was? I told Dev it is where naughty kids go for time out. He laughed and said "whatever". My scare tactics are useless.

Last but certainly not least Dev and I had a chat...or mainly him nodding and agreeing.

Orcas Island was amazingly fun with all the kids and we can not wait to go again!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Love that video.

Don't show this to to Dev but...

http://www.hostessblog.com/2009/06/real-parties-star-wars-birthday-party/

Sheree said...

I LOVE THAT!! i wanna throw him a party even if it isn't his birthday. :)

BUT i don't want 7 boys...i think the most i can handle at this age is 4 maybe 5. they get rowdy and whiny...oh wait maybe that's every age! :D

Sheree said...

PS - i got the video uploaded of em and nana singing the penguin song, so yay me!!