This week has been bananas. It was Isa's birthday and I was able to have a lazzzy Monday - I usually work in Nana's class stuffing the HW binders but since this was a short week I don't need to stuff until this following Monday. WooHoo!!
Or so I thought...Tuesday had a dark cloud over me, Isa was home sick and somehow I didn't think it was going to end there. She rarely gets sick and I just thought "man, we've been doing good with yuckies this season". Ooops. I totally jinxed myself. I was hoping it was just the antsy feeling of knowing it was a short week not that more was to come.
BUT, Nana came in Dev's class where I volunteer on Tuesdays saying she had a horrible headache. Dev was going to have a friend over, so I asked the mom if she minded...my girls are good about being quarantined while sick so I didn't think it'd be an issue. UNTIL, Madi threw up on her bedroom floor.
Or so I thought...Tuesday had a dark cloud over me, Isa was home sick and somehow I didn't think it was going to end there. She rarely gets sick and I just thought "man, we've been doing good with yuckies this season". Ooops. I totally jinxed myself. I was hoping it was just the antsy feeling of knowing it was a short week not that more was to come.
BUT, Nana came in Dev's class where I volunteer on Tuesdays saying she had a horrible headache. Dev was going to have a friend over, so I asked the mom if she minded...my girls are good about being quarantined while sick so I didn't think it'd be an issue. UNTIL, Madi threw up on her bedroom floor.
YUCK. Wednesday, I missed an important day. Daddy unicycled for Dev's class - more on that later. So, I called around to ask moms to snap pictures of this special moment. He's done it for Nana's preschool co-op class and it was a hit!
Anyway...I'm finally getting a chance to sit down to write this special post of our sweet eleventeen daughter, Isa.
Anyway...I'm finally getting a chance to sit down to write this special post of our sweet eleventeen daughter, Isa.
I racked my brain for weeks trying to think of the just right theme for her party. I didn't want it to be chaos at our house and I wanted her to be excited about whatever we chose.
Then, I thought about what she loves...currently she was reading the Percy Jackson series and I thought we should theme it around that since most of her friends were into that book series. A lot of it is based on Greek Mythology which is something she is also studying in class so it worked out perfectly she loves Greek Mythology and one of my favorite books is the Odyssey. So, I was amped to have fun with this theme.
I went to the Creation Station for ideas on how we could make swords and shields...and it never fails they had fabulous recycled materials for me to use. Even something to play the role "armor". I was so happy it worked out! Then, it was time to put Daddy's brain to work on how to use these foam blocks and make them into swords.
Good thing he's a genius. He used the table saw to make them and then shaved them down to fit into the thread spool handles. Then, threaded twine through the "armor" and made shields out of recycled film cans.
We were running a bit late due to the sleepover with Isa's besties the night before. She had Kaylin, Alexa, Bella and SoSo over. The C6 came by at 2 hours early to help us out because...well, we were behind. It all worked fabulously, thank you - C6 and Grandpa Eddie!
I should say rather...they got it done super fast.
Then they had team duels. The girls were so into this. And, of course the daddies were the biggest kids of all. No surprise there, right?
We ate soups, lasagna, salad and bread. I made this soup that seemed to be a hit - a knock off Olive Garden soup and Tortellini Sausage soup. If you're looking for something to warm you, check those out.
SUNDAY
We went to dim sum with my side of the family. 22 people at dim sum = not a lot time for pictures. We had so much fun and Isa was happy to indulge in her favorite kind of brunch.
Isa, January 2003 - 3 years old
She will be forever our princess. She thanks us for everything we did for her and all I can think is we are so lucky to have someone like her enrich our lives. She is becoming a little lady right before our eyes. She is responsible, caring and most of all compassionate towards her siblings and is a huge help to us. We love you, Isa!
2 comments:
Look at you! Great party! I bet the kids loved it.
She has grown so much. Just wait until Madi is there! ;)
So much yummy food! I don't know who had more fun at the party... The kids or the Daddies! It was an awesome party!
P.S. I LOVE the flashback photo! Who woulda thought the teeny tiniest baby that I have ever seen would become such a beautiful (And Tall!) young lady inside and out.
Post a Comment