My littlest baby is 3 years old. It's so strange to think that she is no longer a "baby" but this little person has more spunk than any other little 3 year old in our family. She will never let us forget she is here.
Have I ever shared the birth of Madison Alexis?
Sorry, Honey - I know you love when I tell this story. :)
Madi was due August 14th. We had a scheduled C-Section for her on August 11th. Husband and the girls went on a family cruise with husband's side of the family (Grandpa Eddie bunked with the girls and Husband). We knew that Dev and I would stay so that Husband could spend quality time with girls before baby #4 came. They left July 28th and would be back August 4th.
Have you figured out what happened? Oh, well let me tell ya then.
I went into labor August 2nd. Um, yes that would mean that Husband and the girls were still cruisin' in Alaska. I called my Mom and my bestie, Cristina and they were in denial. It was a Thursday night and Friday morning both my backups (Mom and Cristina) had big meetings to attend to. Only I could go into labor 2 days before Husband and the girls were due home. Only me. I blame Madi. Madi was on her agenda and didn't really care what anyone else had planned.
My mom had a meeting at 11am. Cristina had to be at work at 9am. My Uncle drove me to the hospital at 3am both Mom and Cristina were there by 5am. Uncle took Dev to my Dad and Mom stayed until 10am...guess what time Madi was born? 9:46am. Mom basically went from the surgery room straight to her meeting.
Thankfully, Grandma Kim and Grandpa Wade took over and let me rest. They got some good bonding time with Madi. They stayed until my Mom and Cristina could come back. Cristina stayed the night with me. Husband and the girls were due at the Waterfront at 10am...I don't think it could've come any sooner.
It's only natural that Madi call her own shots. From the moment she was born she has been telling us how she wants things done.
Hence, her nickname - Diva. She has changed the way we parent. There are things (like climbing cabinets) that our other 3 would've never done. They were more cautious...where as Madi has no fear. Husband and I have learned to grow a sense of humor along with sticking to our parenting principles or and not fallin' for those big brown eyes even our own children become victim to her brown eyes. We have to remind them resist those big brown eyes too.
Alas, Madi - we love you in all your Diva-ness.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Madi! Those brown eyes are something. I don't know if I could stand strong. A 3 year old, wow!
Oh, Madi, we love you! Happy birthday Diva! It looks like you will be celebrating all month long (just like your Mama)!
Post a Comment