Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Toy

Gracias, barnesandnoble.com/nook for the picture of my new toy!


I am totally shocked. It's Easter and all the kiddies get baskets while I'm filling up my ::ahem:: 5th plate of the day...my Mom shoves this in my hands. I looked at her and said "I'm eating!" and she proceeded to say "it's your EASTER present!" Um, Mom the Easter Bunny is crazy! Easter Bunny didn't bring my kids the Nook...

But, my Easter Bunny did! So, I'm searching for new books [of the free nature] and totally enjoying my new toy. I cried. I've been a big baby lately, I know. But, I cried. As a Mom, you stop expecting surprises. I never expect anything...and always intend to give because I love seeing my babies happy. SO to receive this was sort of...shocking and I got a little emotional.
  • I felt guilty...because it's for me. I'm used to gifts being about my kiddies as it should be.
  • I felt moved because...she took the time out to research and look for this with my Dad.
  • I felt giddy because...well, shoot - it's an awesome gift I've been pining over!

I can't wait to show my two reading buddies. Grandpa Eddie and Denise. Easter updates/pictures tomorrow...nighty night with my new toy.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh! That is so cool! You deserve it!

You'll have to tell me how you like it! My dad has been wanting a digital reader and since he has been watching the kids, I thought it would be nice if we got him one. I haven't researched it at all yet, and didn't even know this one existed! (I'm so low tech... :)) So you can be my consumer research group. :)

Sarah said...

AAHhhhh!!! Congratulations!! I hope you enjoy it!!

chefamily said...

I truly am so happy for you! You deserve to be spoiled! It was so thoughtful of your Mom and Dad to take the time to research and get you exactly what you have been pining over for months!