Thursday, October 15, 2009

Math (Science)

Homeschooling Dev has been a blast...when Madi cooperates with her nap it works even better because it gives us solid 2 hour block to work on fun stuff. :) She's pullin' the poop before I sleep move so it interupts whatever they are doing downstairs. It worked. So, I have to put her down earlier or wait for her to poop so I can then put her down...she might not talk but she is smart.

Anyhoo...Dev has being do fantastically. I picked up more BOB books yesterday at the library but they are a little tough for him so we're sticking to Books 1 and 2 in the series. He also is a huge Dr. Seuss fan so we've been reading tons Dr. Seuss books. It's the rhyming he enjoys (well, we all enjoy that part) so we've been reading and rhyming real words. He tends to make up words so we're concentrating on rhyming real words because we rhyme fake words all day.



He said he wanted to work on math. We practiced a tiny bit of number writing but not much so we worked on that today with a little math mixed in. You can tell where I helped him by guiding him with the pencil. He loves to add and he said "so if we do math then we can do science, right?" I researched a little bit on how to incorporate some science. I have some fun stuff planned but need to make a trip to the Creation Station so we can grab some re-usable recycled stuff for our projects (now that I'm mobile that will happen sooner than later).


He is a blast to have at home doing this with him has been fun (and challenging because he gets it right away and I don't anticipate that). I am trying to challenge him so he gets excited and wants to learn more. We worked on perfecting the letters hin his name and he was bored to tears. He was laughing and saying he wanted to move on and do more letters...so we moved on and we'll come back around to perfecting letters after he's written more letters.


We do art a few times a week and 1 messy art project a week. This week it was water color last week we did fingerpaints. Pay and Dev had a blast with watercolor this week after Gymnastics. Speaking of him...he's calling me to check his "homework". Isn't it all homework when you're home?

No comments: