It's not secret we've been in a sick spell for awhile and are on the mend. The kids have been feeling good and we're finally back to a routine doing the things we love. Isa is scrapping. She has been wanting to catch up on her birthday pages. She got this Scrapbook from G.E. for Christmas and wants to fill it faster than she has time for. I told her it's not a rushed project and if she doesn't get it done; it's okay. That is a hard thing to learn but the more thoughtful she is about her work the greater and more detailed it gets. It gets the creative juices flowing and she comes up with great ideas. Some times we need to escape on Saturday mornings to Lasting Memories where I know she can focus and be inspired. Plus it's an excuse for us to both escape and hang out just us.
She is also enjoying reading. Three times a week we read together in bed after the little ones' story time. I'll put them down at 8pm so it's me and her in my bed reading until 9pm. It's our special time together. She has been flying through her books. She started with Ella Enchanted after her birthday at the end of January and has continued on to Indian in the Cupboard, Allie Finkle series Book 3 Best Friends and Drama Queens and Despereaux. Kate DiCamillo wrote Despereaux and the Mercy Watson series that Nana is newly in love thanks to Denise's suggestion. Her daughter, Kay loved the series and now Nana can't get enough either. She reads a book a day. I have more on hold at the library as we speak. I love to read and am so happy to see the girls excited to read too.
3 comments:
Thats great she has creative hobbies and quality literacy time! Its cool that Nana is excited about the new Dora. What's your take on it Mrs.G? I think it is encouraging our little ones to be way too mature way too fast.
oh yeah, we are all about the bookies around here. :)
She is getting so grown up!
Check out her mad scrappin' skills!
Post a Comment