Monday, August 11, 2008

Camping Part Uno

The G6 went with the F3 to Iron Creek. It was very private and tons of old forest for the kids to play in. The trees were amazing. So tall. We had the best time. In the pictures you'll see Madi with a band aid. She tripped right before loading up in the car and cut her head on the F3's driveway. But that was the only injury all trip. We even made it to a Welcome Party Sunday evening to celebrate Husband's best friend, Steve's baby Sebastian Scott. We showered, we shopped and we partied. The kids had a great nap on the ride home and were in great moods. We did leave early though (7pm) because I could foresee my son melting down. But all in all-the weekend was packed and FUN. Here's Part Uno-my camera was packed for Part Dos but JoAnne got some great pictures so we'll have more on the way...


Setting up camp.

Lexi Nugget (Madi's middle name is Alexis so sometimes she is referred to as Lexi) that's for eating not playing.


Chris setting up camp for the girlies (Isa, Cass and Nana).



Daddy and Baby camping for the 1st time.


Best Buddies. Cass and Isa were very excited to sleep together in their own tent.




Chris making us some yummer percolating coffee!



The kids' fort in the woods right next to our site. They're bouncing on their bouncy toy in the woods aka a tree limb that has fallen and is quite flexible.



My wild man in the woods. He had more fun being in the woods than I could have ever imagined. I knew he'd love it but he loved it. He did most of his manly duties out there - going potty in the woods was his favorite part. I'll have to re-train him to go in the toilet all over again. :)



My hero. The boys had taken the kiddos minus Madi to go fishing and it was cold + wet I was very thankful for JoAnne that day. She made it nice and cozy in front of the fire. We had good talks while Madi napped in my lap in front of the fire. One the highlights of my trip...relaxing with JoAnne and cuddling with my baby. :)



Madi's best buddy, Coconut Butterscotch aka Coco, they shared food and wrestled with each other. All the things best friends do. :)


Mr. Headlamp. He had the head lamp the night before so when he woke up at 7am that next morning from 9am-4pm he was asking for it. Can I wear my head lamp? Can I wear my head lamp? The girls too, can we bring our flashlights to our fort? When the boys had left to go find a place to fish-I gave in that afternoon. I was over hearing about flashlights and head lamps. Go ahead and wear 'em! Music to their ears.

One word. Fishing with Daddy and Uncle Chris. River slow moving river. Flower. Dev shoulder deep in River water. My poor baby. Cass got wet up to her knees falling from a rock. She changed faster than I could take pictures but below her pants were soaked.

What does that equal? Wet clothes on a line. Poor babies.

No comments: