Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hot Pot Dinner

Photobucket


I know two blogs in one hour but these are both short ones instead of the novels I usually post. A little background on my last two days...it seemed that Santa not only brought us presents he brought us the yuckies, again. Starting off with Dev...now to Madi, who is miserable. I haven't been feeling well either so when Mommy is down the whole crew pays for it. Laundry is behind...with 4 kids some one has to take care of them when Mommy is down. So, Daddy misses work all that great fun stuff. So, I was hesitant to participate in the Hot Pot we went to last night. It was a hard one because

  • the kids were not feeling good=cranky kids
  • didn't want to share the yuckies with everyone at the Hot Pot
  • wanted Husband to experience it and try it (so yummy!)
  • Nana always looks forward to Aunty Mari's house because of the old Polly Pockets (the choking hazard version with tiny people and compact houses).

We had planned to do it for the last two years and every time something came up so we couldn't pass up another opportunity. We prepared ourselves by eating an early lunch and not eating again. So, by the time 6 o'clock came we were more than ready!


Photobucket


The Tiniest of the Hot Potters! She was having a hard time with our portable high chair...she's almost there though. But, her cold got the better of her patience and Mom's lap it was. Until of course, Kelli came to the rescue.


Photobucket
Kelli and Madi. You can see Mari (our host) in the backgroud. She's a lot like me with pictures.


Photobucket
Dennis was irritated I took this but if you look closely you can see his MOUND of Hoisin sauce. Hoisin and Plum sauce are a must with Hot Pot. She also served Tea...very light (but yet, heavy) meal.

No comments: